What is the 18.1 event?If you are a crossfit fan, you didn’t slept tonight to see live the announcement of the event that you will have to do in the next 4 days. Live from Sao Paulo, Brazil, Dave Castro revealed at last the WOD that had us on fire and very intrigued since the post in his Instagram of the mysterious photo of a statue of a saint.
And the 18.1 is… AMRAP 20′ 8 Toes-to-Bar 10 DB Hang Clean & Jerk (M: 22,5kg – F: 15kg) 14/12 Row calsA whole WOD of ‘engine’, very similar to 17.1, for which you need, according to experts:
- Control breathing and pace.
- Take little breaths during repetitions and quick transitions between exercises.
- Use the row for breath and relax the forearms trying to use your legs, even if you go slow, the calories still counting.
- Keep a good grip on the T2B and try not to lose the pace, even if you do them one at a time.
- Keep constant pace.
- Adapt to the pace of the opponent (although Holte led the WOD at the beginning, Briggs reached it in the fifth round).
- Use the transitions and the rower to rest
- Be carefull with no reps, especially with the dumbbell. El nuevo estándar de este año es que tienes que cambiar la dumbbell de mano a nivel de la cara y no por encima de la cabeza.
- Listen to the judge and keep calm if he says ‘no rep’ (the judge is there to help you)
- And be careful with the Hang Clean & Jerk: Briggs had to repeat the movement several times to make a full Clean by taking the dumbbell from the ground. First make a deadlift, and then run the Hang Clean from the stand position.